- “Almost one third of solo shows in US museums go to artists represented by just five galleries” – (The ArtNewspaper 2017)
- “85% of artists in major U.S. museums are white” – (Cornell University, 2018)
- “Overall, 96.1% of artworks sold at auction are by male artists” – (Fabian Bocart, 2018)
Who is ODBK?
We envision an art world that is equitable, diverse, and inclusive, ensuring a just distribution of wealth and opportunities among all artists and art communities. Our goal is to provide tools and mechanisms that empower their voices, facilitating participation and contributions in the global art landscape. We strive for an art world where minorities and underrepresented artists and art communities are seamlessly integrated into what we define as art for both current and future generations. Our vision extends to a democratic art world, where the knowledge and experiences of all participants shape its evolution. Transparency is paramount, with no room for variables such as corruption, manipulation, speculation, or nepotism to exert influence.
1) We forge innovative and intelligent systems to challenge and transform the current status quo governing the art world.
2) Through the utilization of cutting-edge digital technology tools, we create and support ideas and projects that enable all art communities to engage in decision-making democratically.
3) We establish new pathways and bridges, fostering connections among emergent artists and underrepresented art communities, allowing them to expand their expressions and actively engage in the art world.
4) We construct social and political mechanisms and procedures to safeguard the freedom and expression of all artists, irrespective of religion, social status, income, country of origin, gender, age, or sexual orientation.