ARE YOU AN ARTIST?
SEARCHING FOR A SPACE TO HAVE A SHOW?
WANT TO BE PART OF A GALLERY MANAGED BY A COMMUNITY OF ARTISTS?
DON’T HAVE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE SPACE?
THIS PROJECT WILL OFFER YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE PART OF A GALLERY PROJECT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY A MONTLY FEE!
This is an artist’s group action, performance and intervention with the goal of getting the resources for renting an space, for a time frame of one year, to organize individual and group exhibitions (for the artists participants of this project), also organize workshops, lectures and build a community around it. The economic goal is to gather 15K Euros.
This will take place inside art galleries and museums throughout Berlin.
The exhibition will consist of pictures or videos of things, animals, or persons (static or in movement) that don’t actually belong to the current exhibition at an art gallery — BUT COULD — in a funny or ironic way. For example: Insert external objects into the art gallery or space and then take photos or videos. Taking pictures or video of the people or pets walking through the exhibition, etc. Other creative ideas are welcome and may also occur spontaneously.
The action will be executed Friday 4th and Saturday 5th of December, 2015
All fine artists in Berlin who want to participate.
How to participate?
1) The application time is over,,,,
You have until the 28 of November to apply
2) Make a team! A list of the participants will be published the 23th of November. You can join other artists and make a team. „Two heads are better than one“ … and also a partner makes you brave and stronger.
3) Define which galleries you will visit. And plan your ideas and actions (or maybe do it spontaneously)
Next Steps and Products
At the 6th of November all material from the participants will be gathered in a dropbox. The best material will be selected and published on the ARC website and then put on sale. All sales will go towards the renting of a space and to build a strong PR and marketing campaign around it.
Every picture or video will be sold in a limited edition of 10. All works will be printed or copied and signed as an artists group called ARC (Art.Rebuilding.Community)
All participants will build a common network to promote the project, the space, and the works to sell.
If your video or photo is selected, artist participants will have the next benefits during the year:
1. An individual exhibition in the space.
2. At least one group show participation.
3. Free access to all workshops and lectures organized in the space
4. Free consultancy of a professional web developer and web designer to build the website of the artist.
5. Art works and exhibitions promoted on ARC website and social networks.[:]